Important Tips for Patients with Osteoporosis Before Starting Exercise Expenses
Exercise for people with osteoporosis is not just focused on walking or aerobic exercise alone, but can also be done with weight training according to ability level and age your body.
Weight Training and Its Role In Maintaining & Improving Bone Density
Research suggests that weight training is conducted periodically and regularly can prevent bone fragility and even play a role helping the formation of new bone. In subsequent studies note that women who have entered a period of weight training manopouse and participate regularly for one year, showed substantial progress, the increasing density of the spine and hip bone them, where in this area often experience menopausal women with osteoporosis.
However, before starting weight training, there are some things that need to be considered by people with osteoporosis to prevent fractures and trauma.
Weight Training Tips for People with Osteoporosis:
* There is a good idea before starting the exercise, consult your doctor first, to measure the degree of damage to your bones and the history of other diseases.
* Do exercises 2 or 3 times a week with one day rest break in each session.
* Lift the load slowly, and do not use muscle power other than muscle which is focused to be trained.
* Tighten your abdominal muscles to protect your spine during weight training.
* Consult your coach when it is appropriate for you to do additional training load and how much weight you can add.
* If your spine section has been detected osteoporosis, then you should never lift more than 9 pounds with your arms and do not rotate your body opposite to the direction of your training load.
Your bones may not be getting the benefits of exercise on instantly, but by doing light to moderate weight training on top, you will get the benefit and health of your bone density. But again, always consult with your physician to determine appropriate exercise your condition.
Filed under: General
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!